Saturday, March 8, 2014

Returning to Liaoyuan, land of wind and ghosts

The cold weather really set in now, with it comes the smoke from the coal fired generators and the fog, heading back on the 2 hour from Changchun airport to the factory had a feeling of inevitability about it, this will be my first full winter in the north. The temperatures are now below zero all day and hitting about minus 15-18 overnight. Still, I've been coming here since 2006 now and I know what I'm in for.  This time I am prepared with the right clothes, I just need a good set of boots with grip.

This "town" has been under construction for about 2 years now. Looks spooky at this time of the year.


This is the famous North China smog you hear about. Looks mainly like fog at this stage but it will get worse before winter is over.


Thinking about the people who live here (below) just makes me feel cold. No central heating in this village.


Play Misty for me ......


The long lonesome road.


No comments:

Post a Comment